As CEO of the India Business Group Amarjit Singh is at the forefront of building and strengthening bilateral trade and investment relations between the UK and India, working alongside some of the world’s most influential political and business leaders.
As a nationally recognised expert in Indian business affairs, Amarjit was one of two handpicked lawyers to accompany the Prime Minister, David Cameron, on his historic 2013 Trade Delegation to India. In both 2013 and 2014 Amarjit was recognised in the prestigious Sikh 100 Power List alongside other key international figures who are deemed the most influential and contemporary Sikhs in the World.
Reasons why Amarjit and his team are ideally placed to support your growth plans for the UK and India:
- Amarjit has extensive experience of working with businesses on inbound and outbound matters between the UK and Indian markets.
- Amarjit has a track record of working with the UK Government and other stakeholders on strengthening trade links with India. His pioneering work has been recognised in Parliament and referenced in a Westminster Hall debate on UK-India Trade (25 January 2012 - recorded in Hansard).
- Amarjit is fluent in many of the commonly spoken languages in India, to include Hindi and Punjabi.
- Amarjit has participated in numerous trade missions to India and was selected for the India Marketing and Strategy Scholarship Programme 2012 at the SP Jain Institute of Mumbai and Research in Mumbai (rated one of India’s top ten business schools). This was followed by an executive work placement at Tata Consultancy Services headquartered in Mumbai.
- Amarjit has established strong links and personal relationships with entrepreneurs in India and with prominent members of the UK’s Asian Business Community.
- The recipient of several awards and honours, to include being named in the Sikh 100 Power List 2013 and 2014 publications.
- Amarjit is an active press and social media commentator and was interviewed by several media outlets, including Carl Dinnen of ITV during Prime Minister’s Trade Delegation visit to India in 2013 (featuring on UK National TV).
- He is a regular contributor to UK and Indian business press about matters concerning bilateral trade relations.
- In view of Amarjit's growing reputation as a cross-border facilitator, he was recently appointed a portfolio holder for the Shahnaz Husain Group of Companies. Shahnaz Husain is the world's leading brand and manufacturer of herbal and ayuervedic cosmetic and beauty products.
- In 2019, Amarjit was named as one of the “Europe - India Young Leaders, Top 40 under 40” unveiled at the European Parliament in Brussels for his extensive work in the EU – India corridor.
Amarjit’s other appointments include:
- Member - UK-India Sports Alliance
- Member - Solent LEP Prosperity Review Panel
- Honorary Adjunct Professor of Management - O.P. Jindal Global University (India)
- Special Advisor for India - University of Southampton
- Advisory Board Member - Business School of University of Southampton
- Founder - The Indian Awards Initiative (www.theindianawards.com)
- Vice President of European Operations for the Shahnaz Husain Group of Companies (portfolio role)
- Business Advisory Council Member and Visiting Faculty – Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad, India
- Catalyst Member – UK Trade & Investment, Government Department
- Advisory Board Member – All Party Parliamentary Group on Entrepreneurship
- Co-Chairman and Director – Solent India Business Network Limited
- Executive Council Member – Global Legal & Economic Development Council, India